All these ceremonies and parties are short-lived. You can’t take them with you on your next adventure as a reminder of the fruits of your hard work. But there is one thing you can take: your diploma.
So much more than a piece of paper, your diploma is four, six, or eight years of hard work ready to be displayed with pride. It should be decorated and formatted to reflect the same dedication you put into your degree. Skip the overpriced standard black frame and give your certificate a custom-framed home.
Building your own custom frame is the perfect project for a beginner because it is simple and allows you to be creative.
Assemble your frame kitOnce you’ve chosen your frame, it’s time to build it! Follow these steps and your diploma will be expertly framed in no time!
- Are you using a double mat? Secure the mats together by applying ATG tape to the back of the top mat and adhering it to the bottom mat.
- Once the top and bottom mats are aligned, press down firmly.
- Using linen tape, create a t-hinge to attach the diploma to the mounting board.
- Use a strip of linen tape to hinge the mat to the mounting board.
- Being mindful of dust, peel off the last piece of the acrylic’s protective paper and place in on the “art stack” or the stack made up of the mats, diploma, and mounting board.
- Flip the diploma, mats, and mounting board face down into the back of your frame. Use a point driver to secure the art stack in the frame. Watch this video to see how to use a point driver.